20130113

Spinning From A Sketch





This is another one where I spun for someone else, and got part of the fleece in exchange. I love spinning for people who encourage me to be creative and don't have a specific end product in mind. In this batch I got a mix of black & white, and I really wanted to add some color so I took half the white and dyed it in rainbow colors. (with ice cubes and kool-aid)


Since I had an idea of what I wanted to do, I made a sketch of what I had in mind. I'm really proud of how close my final result came to what I had envisioned! I just spun the fiber loose, grabbed a handful of white and a handful of mixed colors and let it blend as I drafted and spun it. Then I took just the colored fleece and made more "thread" to ply with.


Then I did the same thing again, only with black.